Our client, a rapidly growing leader within the pharmaceutical space, is seeking a black belt to manage operational excellence efforts in their generics manufacturing facility.
This person will collaborate with Plant Leaders to enable and drive them to achieve their productivity goals. Our client is seeking an individual who will be responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of end-to-end business excellence projects.
The Site Operational Excellence Leader will be responsible for managing and achieving the benefits aligned with the implementation of the organization’s operational excellence efforts. The role is responsible for the development of the efforts, including development of a Green Belt program and training content. This is accomplished through applying Lean Six Sigma methodologies throughout the plant and acting as a change agent, driving Process Excellence-enterprise culture throughout the organization. You will work closely with the plant leadership team, as well as senior leadership within the organization.
Key Measures / Objectives:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the organization’s program / resource training certification processes and project selection/tracking systems.
- With the OpEx team, the role will lead the deployment of Business Excellence to drive the achievement of critical cultural and business objectives, including project evaluation, resource development and project mentorship.
- Facilitate process improvement projects and lead them to completion.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Research and Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, HR, etc.
- Engage with plant / company leadership as required to deploy the principles, governance and improvement activities.
- Manages projects effectively to deliver timely and positive results.
- Provides training, mentoring and support the certification of Green Belts.
Required Experience / Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in related field
- Six Sigma Black Belt and experience with system tools (project tracking, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- 3-5 years in operations or quality role relating to process improvement
- Effectively communicate with executive level leadership
- Interpersonal skills and ability to create change in people and culture
- International experience a plus