Pacific International’s Financial Services team has been engaged to continue to support the growth of this internal strategy and transformation team following successful similar talent acquisition for them in EMEA, North America and APAC.
The strategic transformation team reports directly to the Group COO and you’ll be leading large scale end to end strategic transformation activities focused around areas like M&A/integration, business re-organisation, new market development support, business re-engineering and bank innovation (including automation and smart technologies).
Your internal stakeholders will be the heads of the business units within the firm and because of this high visibility and exposure, many members of the strategy and transformation team will often spend 2-3 years in this role before moving into P&L leaderships roles across the bank. The firm operates as an entrepreneurial, fast paced, forward thinking banking group and therefore you’ll ideally be a strategic problem solver who can also deliver and execute within a lean and self-driven environment. The current team is a collection of ex-consulting professionals from the big 4 strategy and execution firms and have a capital markets, energy, infrastructure or turnaround depth of experience.
The position will sit in the bank’s EMEA HQ in London but you will lead on global programmes and projects of work covering front, middle and back office functions. You will initially come into the back as a Senior Consultant (VP equivalent) and protect through the organisation in a similar speed to the bank’s “fast moving” cultural mindset
Key skills and qualifications:-
- A Bachelors degree with academic results & MBA / masters degree preferred
- 8-10+ years of professional experience
- 2-3 years of consulting experience in management consulting firm
- Demonstrable experience with areas like Lean, BPR and Innovation Programmes
- Experience of driving operational change with front line to senior leadership personnel
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management
- Experience in the financial services or energy / infrastructure industry
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving abilities