Your role as Supply Chain Manager is tasked with taking ownership of the materials flow throughout our client’s New York based facility. Our client is a pioneer and global leader in mechanical / industrial engineering. They have 85+ years of experience manufacturing and their leading-edge products are manufactured for the Aerospace, Commercial, Agriculture and Defense markets.
Basic duties include inventory planning and production planning, but they are ultimately looking for someone who can think differently. Someone who is lean-oriented and supply chain focused is essential as they need this person to step in to train teams with the tools to succeed.
This company is not just looking for someone who can ensure shipments are on time, they want someone who can embrace lean thinking.
This role controls the materials flow throughout a single site and has several direct reports. Training these reports, in becoming lean-thinking and supply chain oriented, is crucial to success.
Key deliverables for the role will be:
• Ensuring materials go out the door on time in a cost-efficient manner
• Evaluating make buy activities and providing leadership in the development of “strategic” programs
• Driving design and implementation of effective material flow system and managing Cash Flow
• Designing, developing, and implementing supply chain management process
• Collaborating with quality managers to address product quality issues
Key Skills and background
• Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
• Experience in operations, supply chain management
• Responsible for 5 or more direct reports
• Experience handling the materials flow through a facility