The Technical Training Specialist dedicates time between training new and current employees on equipment and preparing them for work in the field. The Technical Training Specialist is responsible for creating and presenting training materials to both internal and external customers based on business needs and changes to product line.
This individual’s focus areas may include PPS Solar Academy, PPS preventative maintenance and fault analysis, and PPS first-level diagnostics and repair. They will serves as the principal trainer during training events, with support from other departments as needed. Other duties include: scheduling company-sponsored training events (i.e. in-house, regional, customer site and special training events); distributing and collecting customer feedback surveys; utilizing feedback to improvement future training materials and events.
In addition, the Trainer will review company policies regarding training and make recommendations to management for reforming or replacing policies. This person will also examine existing training modalities and assists in the development of new modalities that could improve the effectiveness of the training function.
• Flexibility to spend time in Germany; learn about new product line and receive training before its release
• Dedicate 3-6 months working in the (U.S.) field before training FSEs
• Conduct training in Rocklin through a combination of lab and classroom teaching
o 25-30% is classroom environment
o Remainder in the lab, in front of the inverter, reviewing diagnostics, going through process, putting bugs in the inverters, etc.
• Possible travel to site as needed for troubleshooting
• Execute Senior Manager’s vision of providing “world class training”
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of product offerings and functionality
• Develop training modules and legacy training program
- Technical Training Manager
- Field Service Engineers (FSEs)
- Regional Competency Centre (RCC)/technical support staff
- Safety Department
- Training & Development Department
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
• At least 2 years of experience in a training role is required
• Experience in electronics or a related technical field is preferred
• Experience in inverter space is preferred
• This position requires some (10-20%) overnight travel
• Working knowledge and proficiency with NFPA-70E-2012 and NEC-2011
• Working knowledge of OSHA and other state and federal guidelines
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Accustomed to making independent decisions/judgments about work priorities
• Ability to manage execution and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to manage details without losing sight of the bigger picture
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and effectively
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required
• Ability to teach, mentor and lead
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines