Pacific International has been retained by the Chief Operating Office for one of the fastest growing e-commerce food companies in the United States to look for a Vice President of Food Safety.
This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Office and is a critical hire for this organization. This individual will lead the entire Food Safety organization across the business. This candidate will drive a cohesive strategy to match the changing regulations in the industry and ensure the organization maintains industry leading food safety systems, programs and compliance with all applicable regulations.
KEY PROJECTS / DELIVERABLES:
- Provides leadership in the development of a food safety strategy that aligns resources and drives collaboration
- Responsible for providing food safety related guidance across the organization
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all food safety related trends, key regulations and legislation
- Develops food safety and manages internal and external relationships to achieve key functional objectives
- Develops personnel to drive higher performance level
- Serves as top food safety expert providing critical analysis and insight on organizational initiatives
- Trends the effectiveness for compliance and driving continual improvements.
- Serves as key representative on customer, industry and government food safety committees
- Maintains a high level of expertise on all food safety related subjects, both domestic and international
- Interacts with key customers to ensure food safety regulations are in place to fully meet their needs.